COVID -19 Update for Our Valued Patients
We are excited to welcome our Martin Kids Dental family back to our offices on May 11! We will be following the protocol recommended by the CDC, American Dental Association, and Florida Dental Association, as well as the Phase I plan to restart the economy as introduced by the White House. These guidelines may change based on government recommendations and we will be sure to keep our patients and parents informed.
- You must confirm your appointment. If the state mandates that we are not allowed to see patients, we will reschedule the appointment at that time.
- Patients having any of the COVID19 symptoms (or who have traveled outside the United States or traveled domestically on a commercial airline, bus, or train in the past 14 days will be asked to reschedule
NOTE COVID19 SYMPTOMS: Fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, chills, muscle pain, and headache
- We will verify your email, mailing address, best contact numbers & insurance information when your appointment is confirmed
- Forms must be filled out prior to your appointment
- Parking lot check-in: When you arrive for your appointment, please park in a parking space that has one of our signs then give us a call (352)371-3200 & let us know your parking spot number
NOTE: We are expecting our call volume to be higher than normal so please continue to call until you speak to someone.
- Once you are checked in & your forms are complete, a staff member will come out & escort your child from your car into the office
During this phase, appointments will be limited to patients only: absolutely no siblings unless they have an appointment also. Please keep in mind siblings may NOT be able to go back at the same time. Preferably no guardians/parents should go back with the patient during the appointment. We are trying to limit the number of people in the building & adhere to social distancing guidelines & appreciate your cooperation in this temporary measure
- All parents, patients & guardians entering the building age 6 & over must wear a face mask, scarf, bandana, or some type of face covering. The covering/mask must cover the nose & mouth. We cannot provide masks to parents & patients as we are conserving our PPE for staff to be able to treat patients
- Anyone entering the building will have a temperature check. If your temperature is over 100.4, you will be asked to reschedule your child’s appointment or asked to leave the building if you are a parent or guardian
- Each person entering the building will either be provided with hand sanitizer or asked to go directly to the bathroom to wash their hands prior to their appointment
- Our tooth brushing station will be closed. Please brush & floss your teeth prior to your appointment
- All patients older than 6 will be asked to do a mouth rinse before their appointment begins
- When the appointment is complete a staff member will escort your child back to the car to review treatment & to guide you on our protocol for scheduling future appointments & payments
We feel these increased safety measures will further protect the health of our patients and staff. If you have any questions, please call us at either number below. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again!
Jonesville – 352-354-3823
Chiefland – 352-325-2363
March 31st, 2020
The Governor closed all dental offices, in Florida, last week until Monday May 11. We are only allowed to see patients that are experiencing dental emergencies. We know this is an incredible challenge to all our patients and we are doing everything possible to make the rescheduling process as “painless” as possible. We appreciate your kindness and understanding in this time of crisis in our country.
For new patients interested in orthodontics, we have set up an online portal on our website for Orthodontics consultations. This way when we are up and running you will be able to get started with treatment.
We continue to be committed to providing you and our community with 100% of our effort and “whatever it takes” attitude. We will continue to keep you posted on progress and be sure to check our Facebook page for updates.
March 20th, 2020
We love caring for people and Martin Kids Dental and Martin Orthodontics has grown because our patients know how much we care about them. Ours is a dream profession because we get to help patients and change lives every day. That’s why the last 72 hours have been so painful for us.
Coronavirus has changed our daily lives and there is grave concern among those in the medical community that there is going to be a huge number of cases that will overwhelm our medical infrastructure, leading to more deaths. This has become more clear as time has gone on and as a practice owner, I have been torn between treating our patients for routine care and the fact that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) is suggesting social distancing to protect our team, our patients and our community.
It’s been a heart wrenching decision, but after much thought, we know it’s in everyone’s best interests for us to close our doors to regularly scheduled orthodontic and children’s dental appointments starting today, Wednesday, March 18th for two full weeks, hopefully resuming care on Monday, April 6th.
We’ll of course still be here for all of our patients in the event of an emergency, and we’ll use our free time to work on ways to make our office even better when we reopen. We understand that not all health care providers are closing and this was a personal decision that felt right in our hearts. So, no matter what side of the coronavirus protective measures debate you are on, we hope you can appreciate our reasons for doing this.
We’ll also be able to schedule “virtual” exams for many of our regular appointments and new patient appointments using virtual-conferencing software, so we can try to keep things as “normal” as possible.
We will have this operational in a few days and will send out a notice. In the meantime, we will be using FaceTime to help communicate. More News to follow.
In the meantime, it’s our sincere hope that you, your family and loved ones are kept safe, please follow any CDC guidelines and use this time to spend time in meaningful ways. We love and value all of you and thank you for your patience during these extraordinary and unprecedented times.
Bill Martin, DMD